Wednesday 19 October 2016

A Poem - If life were to give me another chance



 If life were to give me another chance
I'd say, give me back my feet to dance
The melodies of life have worn out my soles
My mind is weary, my heart has holes
I have lost my will to live in this hateful world
Drowning in sorrows, paining at words thrown

If life were to give me another chance again
I would never love you so much that it pains
The pains of parenthood, I wonder why?
Alone and sad, I am but a lonely sigh
Four walls of the room close in so often
Winters are cold and there is no autumn

If life were to give me another chance to choose
There would be so many things I'd refuse
Old age for one, in these ungrateful days
Your hateful thoughts, your devious ways
Your selfish demands when she came to stay
I knew that day, you wished I'd go away



If life were to give me another chance to cry
Lost moments, dreams, hopes to touch the sky
Suicide thoughts that have crossed my mind
That right person, the right day, I left behind
Quitting and cribbing when it was time to fly
Opportunities, challenges, now just a sigh

If life were to give me chance once more
I would not be lying alone in the morgue
An unknown soul, dead to the world
A story untold with no rhymes, no words
I'd ask for life to relive again
Without worries, without pain

If life were to give me another chance once more
Everything I said before, would go out of the door
I'd be who I am, say what I feel and do as I please
Climb mountains, fly the skies and cross the seas
Maybe I'd be on a crazy roller coaster ride
And life would be screaming, I'm by your side

If only life were to give me another chance once more......




1 comment:

  1. Wow Hira Mehta...Can relate to you main. Pls also so visit my blog of poetry. Thank you. https://swaruparupa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete